Joy McGivern Animations
I am a conscientious, creative-minded animator, who is talented in both 2D and 3D animation as well as
other areas in media and traditional arts. I am seeking an entry-level position in the industry to showcase
my unwavering passion for art, while creating opportunities to grow as an artist.
Corel Painter II
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Media Encoder
(PIX) – Performance Investigator
Jira – Gearbox software
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Paint
and Outlook – PC
Pages, Number, and
Keynote – Mac
The Art Institute of Las Vegas
Bachelor of Science in Media Art & Animation September 2012
Maintained a 3.9 GPA; Achieved Honors Diploma; Dean’s List recipient each quarter
Freelance Animation/Creative Artist Experience
Imagination Vent ~ Character Rigging and Animation May 2014 – Present
Collaborating with a team of eighteen skilled artists to create an original console game called “Indie Assault.” I am working on rigging and animating a character for the game.
Erico’s LLC ~ 3D Modeling February 2013 – June 2013
Worked on inorganic 3D modeling, lighting and camera movements in Maya, implementing planner mapping and UV mapping with Photoshop texturing to create an upstart business layout and model.
CES Trade Show, Genius ~ Demo on Drawing Tablets January 2013- January 2013
Demonstrated the intricate tools and functions of Genius-style drawing tablets. Working with programs such as Photoshop, I provided tutorials to perspective buyers using the tablets to create digital images.
Dam Short Film Festival ~ Intro Trailers to Animation Block July 2011 – January 2012
Collaborated with a Production Team of seven skilled artists to create two original trailers. In the Cactus Trailer, I modeled and textured seat cushions and hats, and rigged and animated the cacti. In the Jack Trailer, I created the conceptual artwork for the truck.
Michael Anderson ~ Family Portrait Illustration May 2011 – June 2011
Commissioned original artwork of a previous snapshot to create a larger hand-drawn illustration. Artwork was created with graphite pencil on large illustration board.
MDC Wallcoverings Exhibit Trade Show~ Illustrator April 2011 – April 2011
Led perspective buyers on innovative dry-erase board creation, teaching individuals how to implement new venture. Using dry erase markers, I hand-drew images of the hotel and casinos on the Las Vegas Strip to better showcase the functionality of the project.
Target Brea, CA April 2006 – Present
Price Accuracy Team Lead
· Supervising, coaching and training a team of 25 members on all policies and brand procedures
to achieve sales goals and ensure the execution of superior guest service.
· Lead price change team, where I work alongside and supervise a team to ensure accurate pricing
is achieved on a consistent basis for our guests.
· Handle weekly scheduling to ensure the departments are properly staffed for the day-to-day
· Lead a team of 150 employees and a separate, third-party roving crew through the yearly store
inventory, where I organize, execute and oversee the competition, accuracy and counting of all
store items, thusly ensuring continued correct counts of merchandise through the year.
· Evaluate performances, give frequent feedback, writing and conducting reviews, counseling and
· Assist at guest service and front lanes, where I handle all forms of guest’s requests, including item
check outs, returns, exchanges, gift registries, issues, etc.
· Assist at photo lab, where I handle chemicals, assist guests with edits to their pictures, and
answer questions about products.
· Work as fitting room operator, where I answer phone calls, transfer calls, and take messages,
while assisting and directing guests to changing rooms.
Take-Two Interactive (2K) Las Vegas, NV April 2013 – June 2013
· QA tester on Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (Borderlands 2 DLC).
· QA tester on Raid on Digistruct Peak (Borderlands 2 DLC).
· I evaluate, troubleshoot and test software repeatedly in search of bugs or errors by myself or in a
· I log and track the bugs in Jira – Gearbox software, for NMI, regressions and status updates.
Subway North Huntingdon, PA June 2004 – March 2007
· Led inventory once a week, counting and ordering supplies for the next week.
· Conducted register balancing and bank deposits.
· Created weekly schedules.
· Handled food preparation in the morning to sustain the store throughout the day.
· Opened and closed the store.
· Led a team of 10 workers.